Carbon Monoxide Danger During Winter Heating Season

As the temperatures are dipping to the freezing mark, more of us are firing up our furnaces. The Wright County Emergency Management Agency recommends that everyone that uses a propane, natural gas or wood heater to have a working Carbon Monoxide alarm and to test them monthly. Also make sure that furnaces and heaters are operating properly and that vents are not blocked by leaves or snow. If you start to have the symptoms of Carbon Monoxide poisoning, immediately open windows to ventilate the area, go outdoors and call the fire department. Carbon Monoxide can be deadly. Also never use cooking appliances to heat homes and don’t operate gas engines indoors, make sure that when operating a vehicle or generator in
garage to have the garage door open.


About KELE News

News Director at KELE The Grove

Posted on December 7, 2015, in News. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Carbon Monoxide Danger During Winter Heating Season.

Comments are closed.